How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I receive an abstract of judgement-civil and small claims due

Resolved Question:

I receive an abstract of judgement-civil and small claims due for not paying a credit card due finacial crisis. Lost my job, and I am a dialysis patient which makes me disable. I tried making payments but they were asking for half of the amount , i could nt make the payment. Now what are the steps for me to take in order for them to take this involuntarily lien off my record. I am in the state of California on Monterey county
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
If a judgment has been entered, the only thing you can do is pay off the debt (or settle it) or file bankruptcy and have the debt discharged.
Roger and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So meaning that they may take payments--- not do and when the payment is paid off how long will the lien remain in effect?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
Yes, they'll probably accept a payment plan.

A judgment is good for 10 years in Ca.