Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I got arrested for stealing 270.00 dollars worth of items from

Customer Question
a store. It is my...
I got arrested for stealing 270.00 dollars worth of items from a store. It is my first arrest of any kind. I'm in my 30 plus years with a husband and 3 kids. I have a job and so does my husband. What will happen to me? my husband paid 470.00 for me to get out of jail
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
6/1/2010
Lawyer: loeblaw, Attorney replied 7 years ago
loeblaw
loeblaw, Attorney
If this is a first offense, it will likely be treated as a wake up call. You will probably have to make restitution to the store, and probably face a fine. Although I am not based in South Carolina so cannot specifically say about South Carolina law, I would think it unlikely you will be facing jail time, but you will probably have some kind of probationary period. You should, if you can afford one, go to Court with a private criminal defense attorney. It is important to have someone familiar with the Courts in the area where you live and can look out for you and your interests.

As your question has been answered, please click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question.. Please remember to click ACCEPT and PLEASE NOTE that BONUSES and positive feedback are GREATLY appreciated. Feel free to contact me to discuss how I can be of further assistance to you. Should you need additional information or have additional questions please feel free to send me a question personally.

NOTICE: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) We have not established an attorney-client relationship and none shall be established absent a separate agreement; (2) my communications are based upon my analysis and opinions and based upon general legal principles which may differ from the law in your jurisdiction; (3) For specific legal advise you should obtain a legal opinion and representation from an attorney in good standing licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where valid jurisdiction exists for your legal issue; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Relist: Answer quality.
I gave you a pretty detailed answer, what are you suggesting my response to you lacked?
loeblaw
loeblaw, Attorney
loeblaw
loeblaw
loeblaw, Attorney