How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

II have a trailer that Im renting out and the tenant hasnt

Resolved Question:

II have a trailer that I'm renting out and the tenant hasn't paid me over 11 months. She is paying the lot rent and I'm paying the mortgage payment. I had this trailer up for sale when I moved out. She wanted to buy the trailer but her credit wasn't good. So she rented it until her credit was good enough. After a year she tried to buy it but again her credit wasn't good. When she first looked at the trailer she was working as an paralegal with lawyers. I meet with her at her job with several lawyer and we type up a agreement stating that she (the tenant) was going to pay rent and then later on buy the trailer from me.
I still have the agreement and I have mention several times when she going to make any payments. I am also in the Army Reserves and there are hopes that I may be deployed in the next 30 to 90 days. I know for a fact that next year that the company that I'm in is getting deployed. I have mention this to her and what she responded back that she will moved out. She still live there because if she missed any lot rent payment she will be force to moved out. It was an agreement between me and her and the lot renter.
I have checked on the place from month to month to check out the place and make sure that she is still there. My question is should I get a civilian lawyer or should I get military jag lawyer involved.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post, you should get a civilian attorney for this matter. I offer this advice because the legal issues involved are not based upon or associated with your enrollment in the military. Happy Memorial Day.
MShore and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you