Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

While on vacation over the week-end in Memphis, My husband

While on vacation over the week-end in Memphis, My husband was badly beaten and arrested for assault with bodily harm after an altercation with a bouncer at a night club. We do not live in memphis. I bailed him out at 4 am this morning. Since today is a holiday, he must be in court in the morning at 9 am. We are not sure what to expect. How serious is the charge. He is a first time offender. I paid $250.00 to bail him out.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
The charge is serious, as is any charge in which violence is alleged. However, any time a bouncer beats somebody up they start yelling that the patron assaulted them. Don't let your husband talk to anybody without a lawyer and get a lawyer ASAP. It may be that the lawyer can head the whole situation off and get it filed as a lighter charge.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Today is a holiday...he has to be in court 3 hours away at 9 am in the morning....we can not get a lawyer by then... please advise
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
Tomorrow is likely just a docket call or an appearance docket. He should just enter a plea of not guilty and then find a lawyer. Nothing much will happen tomorrow.