Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I am a tenant in an active senior adult complex. This is what

I am a tenant in an active senior adult complex. This is what was advertised when I moved in. Without any notification we now have children moving in and we were told no bike riding, roller skating or ball bouncing. All of this is taking place and we are very frustrated. Do we have any rights and what are they?

Thank you for your question

If you have a copy of the advertisement, you should take it with you to a meeting with the owner or managing agent and ask them what is going on. You should also tell them you moved to these apartments on the assumption that it was strictly an adult community and if this is not the case, then they have to pay your moving expenses to go elsewhere. If they do not agree, your only recourse is to sue them for your moving expenses. If you can get enough other adult tenants to join you, you will have a better chance of proving your case.

__________________________________________________

Your question will not close and when you press "ACCEPT" you may ask follow up questions, if you want

That is the only way I get paid

Positive Feedback and BONUS are not required but appreciated.

If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask for me by typing your name at the beginning of your question

____________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Dear XXXXX, JD, this coming August will mark five years that I have lived here. Most of the older tenants have already moved. We never received notification that changes where taking place. We were informed that no bike riding, skating boarding, or ball bouncing was allowed. Yet there are children riding bikes and scooters. Even the manager was roller blading. How do you fight a situation like this? This weekend as I described was the last straw. Therefore I feel the need to take some type of action because of the lack thereof for communication between tenant and landlord. Getting others to participate should not be a problem. Do I get them to submit letters or do I write up a partition for them to sign?

You could prepare a Petition and have all the adult tenants sign it showing their opposition to all the noise, and the other activities.

Kindest Regards

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR