Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Hi, my license was suspended due to a liability accident by

Hi, my license was suspended due to a liability accident by the state of florida, I have not received anything from the other party except a letter from her lawyer asking for liability insurance(liability claim per state is $1000), but apart from that that's it. What can i do to be able to drive to and from work, i sell cars for a living and i can lose my job if i cant fix this somehow? help please.(dont have money for a lawyer.)

Has the other side sued you and gotten a judgment?

Did you have insurance at the time of the accident?

How long ago was this?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have not received anything from them regarding a sue or a judgement, i did not have insurance at the time of the accident(not purposely, i found out when i reported it). this incident happened on 02/21/2010

That is the problem. The Florida DMV will automatically suspend your license if you are involved in an accident in FL without insurance. The other party has nothing to do with it. If you do not have insurance to comply with the Financial Responsibility Law, your driver license and/or license plates will be suspended for up to three years. You will have to pay a $15 reinstatement fee and show the department certified proof of full liability insurance on Form SR-22 for three years from the original suspension date to get your driving privilege back.

.

In addition, if you are the driver or the owner of a vehicle which is in a crash that is your fault, this department can require you to pay for the damages before your driving privilege is reinstated.

.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so there's no special permit i could request to be able to drive to and from work? last question.

Once you receive notice of the DMV suspension, there should be some instructions as to how to appeal the suspension. You would have the right to apply for an administrative hearing review to see if they would agree to give you a "hardship license".

.

Link to county offices where you would apply:

.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/offices/miamidade.html

.

.

Thanks.