Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

during closing agruments the districrt attorney makes faces

Customer Question
and shakes his head no...
during closing agruments the districrt attorney makes faces and shakes his head no while mouthing"that is not true" while looking at the victim. The defense was making their closing agruments. an anything be done abour this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
5/23/2010
Lawyer: dkennedy, Lawyer (JD) replied 7 years ago
dkennedy
dkennedy, Lawyer (JD)
Chat Conversation Started
dkennedy :

Hello, Did the defense attorney object?

Customer:

No he had his back to the district attorney and did not see him doing this, the jury was in front of both attorneys

Customer:

no had his back to the district attorney and did not see him doing this, the jury was in front of both attorneys.

Lawyer: Steinlaw, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney
What was the outcome of the case? Did the Judge see this?
no the judge did not see this. they were being tried with a 3rd degree felony and was found guilty of a misdemeaner.
I am sorry this happened.

There is not much that can be done. First, he was convicted of a lesser charge so the faces probably were not influential to the jury. Second, you would need jurors to testify that they saw this and it influenced them. If you could prove this, you could get a new trial. But it would require an appeal and a lot of money to interview every juror to see if anyone was influenced by it. It would probably not be successful.

Good luck!
Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney
Steinlaw
Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Attorney