Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How I do answer a petition for indebtedness in the state of

Oklahoma?...
How I do answer a petition for indebtedness in the state of Oklahoma?
5/17/2010

To answer this suit yourself if you cannot find an attorney, you need to copy the heading on the Complaint (court name/case name/case number). Title it "Answer." Then you need to state you are the respondent, your name, and that you are appearing to represent yourself and answering the petition. Then you number every response to correspond with the numbers on the petition. You then answer each one with "Admit" "Deny" or "Insufficient information to find a reasonable belief as to the truth of the matter asserted and leave petitioner to her proof thereof (use this response for every allegation where they claim you owe money or how much you owe)." Once you have answered each numbered paragraph then you can put "Defenses" and list any defenses you have to her petition. Then if you have any counterclaims to make, you can make them after your defenses under the title Counterclaim and to do that you would copy the same layout that the initial petition you received has and just change each numbered paragraph to reflect your facts and allegations.

Once you complete that you sign the response, you have it notarized. Under that put "Certificate of Service" and put the name/address of her attorney where you will be mailing a copy and the date you mail it and sign that.

Then file the original and one copy with the clerk of court and ask the clerk to stamp one copy to give back to you as proof of service. Mail one copy to the other party's attorney.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU said answer each number with "Admit" "Deny or "Insufficient information to find a reasonable belief as to the truth of the matter asserted and leave petitioner to her proof thereof. You said use this Insufficient information response for every allegation where they claim you owe money or how much you owe. Since this is credit card account and we do not know how much is interest, penalties, etc. How should we answer theses:

1. That the Plaintiff is a National Bank organized under federal law and is a Creditor of the Defendant's. That the Defendant is a resident of the county in which this suit is filed and venue is proper. That this Court has jurisdiction over the parties and subject matter.

2. That the Defendant requested a credit card from Plaintiff and Plaintiff issued a credit card to Defendant.

3. that the Defendant is indebted to the Plaintiff on an account through the use of the credit card for purchases of goods, services and/or cash advances.

4. that the Defendant has failed to pay the indebtedness owed to Plaintiff and after all just credits and advances have been accounted for, the Plaintiff is entitiled to judgment against the Defendant in the sun of $7709.15, plus interest at the staturaory rate from the date of judgment, costs, and a reasonable attorney's fee.

1) Defendant admits only they are a resident of the county. As to the remainder of the allegations in paragraph defendant avers there is insufficient information as to form a reasonable belief as to the truth of the allegations and leaves plaintiff to its proof thereof.

2) Insufficient information to form reasonable belief...

3) Insufficient information....

4) Insufficient information....

The court house does not have a petition answer form. I have created my own. Does this form look okay or do I need to make changes?

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF GRANT COUNTY

STATE OF OKLAHOMA

CITIBANK (SOUTH DAKOTA),NA

Plaintiff,

v. Case No. CS-2010-16

my name here

Defendant.

ANSWER

• 1. Defendant admits only they are a resident of the county. As to the remainder of the allegations in paragraph defendant avers there is insufficient information as to form a reasonable belief as to the truth of the allegations and leaves plaintiff to its proof thereof.

• 2. Insufficient information to form reasonable belief as to the truth of the matter asserted and leave petitioner to her proof thereof.

• 3. Insufficient information to form reasonable belief as to the truth of the matter asserted and leave petitioner to her proof thereof.

• 4. Insufficient information to form reasonable belief as to the truth of the matter asserted and leave petitioner to her proof thereof.

my name and address

BY______________________

There are no real forms and you did a good job. Make sure you answer every numbered paragraph in the complaint.

Start it off with,

"NOW COMES (your name), respondent in the above captioned action representing himself pro se and answers the petitioner's complaint as follows:"

End with: "Therefore, respondent prays for a judgment in his favor and dismissal of the petitioner's complaint with all costs borne by the respective parties."

Then you sign and get it notarized.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney