Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I live in NC and failed to sigh a Consent to Rate Form. My

Customer Question

I live in NC and failed to sigh a Consent to Rate Form. My insurance company dropped my full coverage. I found out because my bank added $5k of insurance to my loan; reg flag! I called and had my current company add full coverage immediately. The bank rep vouches that insurance companies have went back and covered their customers when this has happened in the past and simply sending to forms to the bank will erase the $5K. My insurance company refuses. What can I do? My insurance company is USAA...
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
So is your current company refusing to give you full coverage or what?This isn't clear to me here.I understand they canceled you and then lender added insurance to your loan amount.Why did they cancel here?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My current insurance company dropped full coverage and only liability remained. A vehicle with a lien holder must have full coverage... to protect their interest, mu bank had a company add insurance to retroactively cover the 2 months when full coverage was dropped.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for information.You should have been given some prior notice and opportunity to provide full coverage.You might consider local lawyer here to threaten them with lawsuit for failure to properly notify here if they don't go back and cover you.I fell like they did not treat you fairly in this situation and I'm sure you agree.