How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a property in Florida with my mother and my sister as

This answer was rated:

I own a property in Florida with my mother and my sister as "Joint ownership with rights of survivorship". My mother and I would like to sell the property; the third owner my sister refuses to sell and will not sign any paperwork. Is it possible for 2 of the owners on the deed to force the third person to sell?
I am sorry you are going through this.

You can go to court to get an order to force the 3rd owner to sell. It is time consuming and complicated. But a real estate attorney can do the paperwork for you. Make sure you have some idea of the value of the property and what each owner will be getting out of the sale of the property.

Good luck!
Steinlaw and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you