How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD Your Own Question
JD, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1335
Experience:  Over 11 years in practice as a litigator ... civil and criminal
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was in jail waiting trial and was beaten, tazed and

Resolved Question:

My son was in jail waiting trial and was beaten, tazed and put in a straight jacket..Cut his wrist put back in the same cell and cut the other wrist...after court he was put into a holding cell and he was hit in the eye...hah 2 fractures and his eye socket was crushed ..he had to have surgery. what can be done about all the abuse?? Thanks in advance
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.

Whether this abuse is inflicted by the guards or other inmates it is the duty of the jail to maintain a safe atmosphere and prevent your son from such heinous acts. You need a civil rights attorney to help you in filing this claim. Normally I recommend you seek counsel from another jurisdiction since most local attorneys will hesitate to sue local public officials.


One way to find a good lawyer is to use an online directory such as where you can search by practice area (civil rights) and geographical location. If you are unable to find a civil rights attorney within a reasonable proximity to your location, you should try your local legal aid office.


Please reply if I can help further.



Remember to click ACCEPT only when you are satisfied with your answers. This is how we get paid for our time with your questions. I would also appreciate any positive feedback you could provide. If you are not satisfied then please reply to me so I can further assist you or find someone else to help. I am not your attorney. Therefore no attorney-client relationship exists and any communications on this website are not subject to the attorney-client privilege. For this reason, please do not divulge any personal information and use this site only for hypothetical questions. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.

JD and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you