How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33424
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

someone (i know who it is) has been calling me via skype (internet

Customer Question

someone (i know who it is) has been calling me via skype (internet phone); on my cell phone, however, the number appears as "unknown." is there anyway that this person can be tracked down? I mean i know who it is, but can a skype # XXXXX tracked down so that i can prove that it was her? can i claim this as harassment and file charges? That person may claim that it wasnt her, since the call was made from an internet phone. will i still be able to file "pursuit of harassment" charges against this person in the state of TEXAS?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you can find out and for harassment purposes it doesn't matter what kind of phone was used.

Skype tracks the numbers called through its' service and their records are subject to a subpoena in a case.

You can file for an injunction to prevent her calling anywhere that is involved with you, including your parents.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.