How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have custody of my son and his father has visitation. I am

Resolved Question:

I have custody of my son and his father has visitation. I am putting my son on the stand to testify on some issues. His father took him to his lawyer at a dinner arrangment and his 2 lawyers drilled my son for 1 1/2 hrs on questions about me. They are trying to say that i'm cohabitating with a friend so my ex doesn't have to pay me alimoney. Is what they did legal? they took 6 pages of notes!
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.

Hello there:


It is legal, but it is probably pretty good evidence that dad is not acting in son's best interest; furthermore, you have a right to collect information about anything and everything that was discussed at that dinner and copies of the notes.


Request production of the documents and consider deposing any of the people from the dinner. You can even put the attorneys on the stand at trial if you wish.

Brandon M. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you