How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi just one question please , my wife and i give some money

Resolved Question:

hi just one question please , my wife and i give some money for a friend to buy a house
because she is morgage broker. but i never ask her to sign a paper. my wife did it
now my wife past away since august 2009 and i have the letter to give back the money
7000 dollars , she mad at me she dont want give back the money. is it legal to ask her to give me back my wife money because i was married with 2 boys?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER - You can open an estate for your wife and then sue on behalf of her estate. If the money is owed to your wife then her estate would have to be the plaintiff in the suit. You can use the note as evidence of the debt. You can open the estate in the local probate court in the county where you reside.


Dave Kennett

Dave Kennett and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions