How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was told that I could not file/serve my husband in Russia

This answer was rated:

I was told that I could not file/serve my husband in Russia for a divorce. I can not afford an attorney and we have no debts, kids, or property. He is not contesting it. How can I divorce him without hiring an attorney?
That is not true you can certainly serve him in Russia or if he is not contesting it he can simply execute an acceptance of service, have it notarized and send it back. What is your state.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I live in Colorado
Here are the Colorado court forms

and another site with more information and forms

If you have questions the best thing for you to do is to go to the court and ask the clerk if she will print out a case similar to yours to use as a guide. She may or she may not. They cannot give you any advice but the cases are public information
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a 8 month old son with my boyfriend and the lawyer told me that it is legally my husband's because I am still married despite he could not have conceived it. Is this correct or was he just trying to scare me?
Who is on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The baby's biological father, my boyfriend.
Then he is the legal father.

An accept for my time is always appreciated
lwpat and 12 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you