How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an auto loan and owe $18k more on the vehicle than its

Customer Question

I have an auto loan and owe $18k more on the vehicle than its worth. I can no longer afford the payment and am considering a voluntary turn in. The loan is in my name only. Can the creditor obtain a deficiency judgement in FL for an auto loan and if so, can they take joint possessions or possessions in my wife's name only?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

A creditor can get a deficiency judgment for the difference in sale of your car and loan balance. With a judgment they can go after joint assets or your sole assets.


If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.


This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.