How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD Your Own Question
JD, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1335
Experience:  Over 11 years in practice as a litigator ... civil and criminal
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have just finished my divorce. my now ex-husband and I signed

Resolved Question:

i have just finished my divorce. my now ex-husband and I signed a mediation aggrement, now after not even six months of the mediation date-sept/09 (the final divorce was sign on march 4th) he is asking me to file for bankaruptcy (we have a business and properties together) and he start to fail paying some of the commitments he agreed on the mediation. Whom should i talk to? a divorce lawyer? a financial lawyer?
please help i am very lost nad i am terrified of losing what i have beign working for.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.

You need a good divorce attorney who also handles (or has someone in the office) bankruptcy. Most domestic relations attorneys either handle bankruptcy or are associated with someone who does. The best attorneys are found through referral (friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc) or you may search an online directory such as where you can search by practice area and geographical location.


Please reply if I can help further.



Remember to click ACCEPT only when you are satisfied with your answers. This is how we get paid for our time with your questions. I would also appreciate any positive feedback you could provide. If you are not satisfied then please reply to me so I can further assist you or find someone else to help. I am not your attorney. Therefore no attorney-client relationship exists and any communications on this website are not subject to the attorney-client privilege. For this reason, please do not divulge any personal information and use this site only for hypothetical questions. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.

JD and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you