How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you write a letter to a Judge, regarding facts of your

Resolved Question:

Can you write a letter to a Judge, regarding facts of your case, in the state of Missouri?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.

Hello there:


letters written directly to a judicial official are called "ex parte" communications; this means that they are made without affording to the other side the due process right to notice and a hearing. Generally speaking, the Missouri court will not read communications received ex parte (although people try to write letters to the judge in their case all the time).


The way around it is to file your statement in the form of a declaration or affidavit and to serve the other side with a copy (filing proof of service with the court, of course); obviously, the other side is given a chance to see what has been written and to respond, but that is exactly why the court is in a position to consider it. Doing so eliminates the problems with ex parte communications.


Let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you.

Brandon M. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I refuse to sign a substantial IRS Refund Check, because I KNOW that it is based on fraud and I did not sign the return sent to IRS. Can a Family Court Judge, in the state of Missouri, "Order a Judgment" having someone else sign in my place in order for my ex to get the joint check cashed?

I guess this is another question.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.
Were you ordered to sign the check?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, I refused to sign. The ex wanted the joint return check cashed (very substantial), so he filed a contempt charge against me for not signing. At the hearing, the Judge ordered the ex's attorney to sign in my place, so he could get the check cashed.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.

Hello again:


the court certainly has the power to order that a check be authenticated by a party not named on the check; it is very unusual, but it is legally feasible. I can see why you feel like you were not heard in this process.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
After getting the hell beat out of me. Police reports and witness. I was refused a hearing on a Protection Order from a new judge, after the first Judge on my case ordered a forensic of our company computer, that I had obtain. This new judge said that he didn't want to hear it now and then at trial also? Ex consented to the PO. Forensics found in the first 30 minutes, 645 hits of child porn on his computer. Immediately, they filed motions and there was a gag order placed on me. Within the decree (net worth of approximately 100 million) the file is sealed and all files were to be held at the opposing attorneys office. The ex has threatened my life, he has also asked me, "Did I know how little money it would take to have you taken out. I better keep my mouth shut." I was an officer in our company and I have evidence of forgery, international oil and gas fraud, MO state income tax fraud, Federal income tax fraud, bribery, pay-offs, etc. all in the millions. The ex knows I have this information. I was denied a trial. What charges can I file to protect myself and my children, as I have become a victim in the Crisis of the Family Court System?