How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16379
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get my truck back after it has been repossessed

Resolved Question:

How can I get my truck back after it has been repossessed?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legalease replied 7 years ago.

Hello -- how long ago was it repossessed? Have you received any notifications from the bank/finance company.


Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was taken 4 days ago, and I have not any notifications yet.
Expert:  Legalease replied 7 years ago.

Hello again. In Texas, you have 10 days to redeem the vehicle. They have no obligation to notify you of this unless it states otherwise in your contract (you should review the financing/purchase contract with the lender that you signed when you bought the vehicle). You must contact the lender or finance company to determine what their terms are for returning the vehicle to you. In most states (including Texas) if the lender requires the full balance of the loan plus all repossession fees, then that is what you must pay to get it back. Whether or not the lender wants to let you simply catch up on the payments and give you the car back for just that price is completely up to the lender. So -- you have to make that contact and determine what the terms are for getting your vehicle back. If you cannot afford what they are asking, then they will sell it at auction and if there is a difference between what they sell it for and what you owe, they can pursue you for the difference in those amounts.




Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time






Customer: replied 7 years ago.
By redeem you mean for me to get it back?
Expert:  Legalease replied 7 years ago.

Yes -- you have 10 days in which to call them and see what their terms are for you to get it back. I suggest you review your contract and give them a call tomorrow to see what they are willing to offer (or not).



Legalease and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you