Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How do I qualify for a conditional PA drivers license

Customer Question
?...
How do I qualify for a conditional PA drivers license ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
4/6/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

So NY has a "lien" on your license due to some fines? From what?

I was a taxi driver in Buffalo NY and received various tickets for parking , runni ng stop signs, speeding and other simple stuff. I am a drywall expert and need at least a temporary license or conditional license in order to work. Without it I can't work because there is no public transportation where I am currently living.
I'm sorry to say but you HAVE to deal with the outstanding monies. The thing is, states have an "interstate compact" so one state can freeze your license and the other state will NOT issue one unless the original problem is cleared up. Even for a temporary one. :\

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Ely, Counselor at Law