How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where do you get a certified copy of a living trust

Resolved Question:

Where do you get a certified copy of a living trust?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You can only get a certified copy if the trust has been incorporated into a court order. What are you trying to accomplish.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am the executor to my mother-in-law's trust. She died in 2005 and now there are stock certificates that were not included in her trust worth about $10,000. I am trying tio get them transferred to my name, as the original stocks are gone. After much paperwork, I was told that all I needed was a certified copy of her trust. No court was iinvolved.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Was there a probate? Are the stocks in her name? Are you the only heir

Edited by Wayne Patterson on 4/2/2010 at 12:21 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There was no probate, the stock certificates were in her name ans her only child, my husband, died in 2004.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
I assume that you were your husbands only heir. The stocks are not a part of the trust since they were held in her name. You can use the small estate affidavit to collect the stocks. Here is the info. The forms are the same statewide just change the county as necessary
lwpat and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you