How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADYLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LADYLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a summons today for an outstanding debt on my car.

Resolved Question:

I received a summons today for an outstanding debt on my car. Everything I have read says I should consult an attorney but I don't know what type. I have not received anything from anyone in about three years and honestly have forgotten all about it as I had a W/C accident Oct 2008 breaking my right wrist and then another W/C Nov 2008 when someone knocked me down breaking my right collarbone. Now may need to have surgery on the wrist. To complicate matters even more, I was involved in an auto accident a month ago when other party ran red light hitting me, totaling car I was driving (not one in summons) and injuring my left shoulder. Have seen a doctor and going through therapy but does not seem to be helping, been told I may have a torn rotator cuff won't know anymore until see doctor again next week. Money is tight and I am so stressed I just feel I cannot handle this myself. ould you please give me some guidance as to what type of attorney I need?
Thank you for your assistance
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 7 years ago.



I am sorry to hear about what you have been going through lately--sounds like you have had to deal with a lot. You are going to want to hire a consumer protection attorney, or if you cannot find one in your area, then a civil litigator. You can search for these local attorneys here: If you have more questions, please feel free to ask. If not, please don't forget to accept my answer so I can receive credit for helping you this evening. Thanks!

LADYLAWYER and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you