Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I received a summons today for an outstanding debt on my car.

Customer Question
Everything I have read says...
I received a summons today for an outstanding debt on my car. Everything I have read says I should consult an attorney but I don't know what type. I have not received anything from anyone in about three years and honestly have forgotten all about it as I had a W/C accident Oct 2008 breaking my right wrist and then another W/C Nov 2008 when someone knocked me down breaking my right collarbone. Now may need to have surgery on the wrist. To complicate matters even more, I was involved in an auto accident a month ago when other party ran red light hitting me, totaling car I was driving (not one in summons) and injuring my left shoulder. Have seen a doctor and going through therapy but does not seem to be helping, been told I may have a torn rotator cuff won't know anymore until see doctor again next week. Money is tight and I am so stressed I just feel I cannot handle this myself. ould you please give me some guidance as to what type of attorney I need?
Thank you for your assistance
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
4/1/2010
Lawyer: LADYLAWYER, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear about what you have been going through lately--sounds like you have had to deal with a lot. You are going to want to hire a consumer protection attorney, or if you cannot find one in your area, then a civil litigator. You can search for these local attorneys here: www.martindale.com. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask. If not, please don't forget to accept my answer so I can receive credit for helping you this evening. Thanks!

LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer