How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2008, I loned a old welder to a friend of mine, to work

Resolved Question:

`In 2008, I loned a old welder to a friend of mine, to work on his truck in a friend's garge.Two mouths later, I stoped in at the garge to get my welder back. The fellow who owned the garge told me that no way I was going to get the welder back.He said he paied a guy $300.00 for the welder. I tried to go through civil court to get my welder back, and was told i did not have a case. I want to file a criminal act agaginst the owner fo the grage for theft by deception. My question is, when does a civil matter become a criminal matter? Should I get a lawer and file charges?
Douglas Osgood [email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

This is a civil matter. You need to file suit against the individual you gave the welder to. The individual your friend is liable to you for the cost of the welder. The garage owner if he paid for the welder has not committed a crime. The garage owner did not commit theft by deception, he bought a welder from your friend.


If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.


This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.


Jack R. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you