How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask skelly151 Your Own Question
skelly151, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2368
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues
Type Your Legal Question Here...
skelly151 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Texas.I trusted a man i new for several year and went

Resolved Question:

I am in Texas.I trusted a man i new for several year and went in a bussiness with him.He had 17000 dollar bussiness transaction went south on him which i used a credit card to pay the bill with for him only with and typed signed agreement by both of us he would pay 1500. a mounth till paid.It has been about 16 months now still with 14000 owed on it 500 hundred a month paid from him which is like pulling ready to take legal action fill judgment against him or something.need advise.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
Call the clerks office in the federal court where he lives and check that he actually filed for bankruptcy. If he did I am sorry to tell you that if you sue him likely a stay will be entered by him and the bankruptcy court against the suit which will stop it but you want to be sure he filed. If he did fill out a proof of claim form so you can get a share of the assets used to pay in the bankruptcy proceeding.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It showed last week in the local paper.
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
Then you request a proof of claim from the bankruptcy court clerk and fill it out so you get a share of the assets.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Questions and statements could go on and on.but ill take your info and not wast anymore of your time.Thank you very much.SKelly151.

Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
Sure thing and remember to hit accept. Good luck
skelly151 and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you