How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask skelly151 Your Own Question
skelly151, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2368
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues
Type Your Legal Question Here...
skelly151 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

need to file a small claim for company in colorado and live

Resolved Question:

need to file a small claim for company in colorado and live in new york
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
You want to try and get jurisdiction over them in NY. Contact the secretary of state corp division and see if they registered to do business in NY. IF not see if they have an office in NY or some business that would subject them to personal jurisdiction in NY so that you don't have to go to CO to file a lawsuit.
skelly151 and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you