Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

i lost my greencard and Im trying to send i-90 to replace

Customer Question
i lost my greencard and...
i lost my greencard and I'm trying to send i-90 to replace it. In PART 3 (Processing Information), it asks me to write the "Date of Admission as an Immigrant or Adjustment of Status." Should I write the date I entered to the States (with a tourist Visa) or the date I got my greencard? Should I go to the office, mail it, or send it online?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Date that you GOT YOUR GREENCARD. And you should MAIL the application.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX accept the answer right away, but I just wanted to make sure: "CONSULATE WHERE IMMIGRANT VISA WAS ISSUED or USCIS office where status was adjusted" => I wrote "NEW YORK." Is that enough? And should I send check or money order? Thank you in advance =)
No problem. You should send a money order (to be safe). Checks may bounce, banks make mistakes, etc.And try to be more specific. Although they would know anyways, if you can narrow down WHICH consulate or from where the US visa was issued, that'd be nice...I'm a naturalized citizen myself...oi, the stuff we go through...regular Americans don't even know. lol

Ely, Counselor at Law
Ely, Counselor at Law