My daughter was in a car accident whereas she was hit on the…

Customer Question
My daughter was in a...
My daughter was in a car accident whereas she was hit on the drivers door while merging into the left lane on the expressway. The other driver sped up in an attempt to prevent her from coming into his lane. She was given a citation for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. Was she at fault? He saw her merging, shouldnt he have been cited... Read full answer
My daughter was in a car accident whereas she was hit on the drivers door while merging into the left lane on the expressway. The other driver sped up in an attempt to prevent her from coming into his lane. She was given a citation for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. Was she at fault? He saw her merging, shouldnt he have been cited for failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
3/14/2010
Lawyer: NewYorkLaw101, Attorney replied 9 years ago
NewYorkLaw101
NewYorkLaw101, Attorney
Hi and thanks for using Just Answer
Sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. Citations which are normally provided on an accident report are usually just what the police officer surmised after arriving on the scene. I would suggest that your daughter when she reports the matter to her insurance company makes it clear as to how the accident happened -unfortunately, the argument that the other driver should have been cited for failure to reduce his speed to prevent an accident would then beg the question if that was the case your daughter likely did not have the right of way to make such a merge. One of your strongest arguments with the insurance company is the points of impact in arguing that the driver that struck your daughter had ample time to avoid the accident and was at fault. Good luck
Have a great evening
please remember to press ACCEPT
NewYorkLaw101
NewYorkLaw101, Attorney
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I was involved in an accident as I was entering a center
Second opinion] I was involved in an accident as I was entering a center left-turn lane while at the same time the other driver was attempting to use that lane to pass me and struck my front fender fr… read more
Attorney,
I was involved in an accident as I was entering a center left-turn lane while the other driver was attempting to use that lane to pass me and struck my front fender from behind. Who is at fault? … read more
Maverick
Maverick
My daughter was cited for failure to yield when turning
My daughter was cited for failure to yield when turning left. However she was not actually in the process of turning left. She was sitting in the left turn lane waiting to turn left when the other par… read more
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
retired,
Stop searching for answers—
I was in the center lane this w/e on Oglelthorpe Ave and as
I was in the center lane this w/e on Oglelthorpe Ave and as I approached MLK BLvd, I realized I was in the wrong lane as I wanted to turn right. The right lane was solid with cars waiting on the white… read more
Isaac, Esq.
Isaac, Esq.
Attorney at Law,
FLorida statute 316.085(2): I was issued this non-criminal
FLorida statute 316.085(2): I was issued this non-criminal citation after I called to get a police report. Officer was not a witness and the other driver was not cooperating with me. I signaled a lane… read more
Isaac, Esq.
Isaac, Esq.
Attorney at Law,
Dear Sir or Madam, my Puppy Jumpy ( pure breed Havanese)
Dear Sir or Madam, my Puppy Jumpy ( pure breed Havanese) who was like a son for me and my husband is dead because of a neighbour who did intentionally hit him on Thursday PM at 5:40 PM. The neighbour … read more
MShore Law
MShore Law
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I was involved in a car accident last week. I was ticketed
I was involved in a car accident last week. I was ticketed for careless driving due to the fact that I hit the other driver from behind. There were no injuries, no witnesses, and minimal damage to eit… read more
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett
I was involved in a motor vehicle accident on I-75 southbound
I was involved in a motor vehicle accident on I-75 southbound today. There were a number of cars in front of me who saw some debris in th road and suddently applied their brakes. I in attempt not to h… read more
Isaac, Esq.
Isaac, Esq.
Attorney at Law,
I am suing a person who hit my car b/c the damages exceeded
I am suing a person who hit my car b/c the damages exceeded 3500.00 and I don't have collision, his insurance company offered me a settlement of $600.00 because he said I ran into him. The gentleman h… read more
Husband is a trucker. He was just given a ticket in VA for
Husband is a trucker. He was just given a ticket in VA for unsafe lane change that resulted in him hitting another vehicle and doing minor damage, no injuries. He had passed this car, checked his mirr… read more
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
Attorney & Counselor,
My daughter was tring to change lanes when the car in the other
My daughter was tring to change lanes when the car in the other lane sped up snd casuse her to swereve back to the other lane but the car in front of her put on this brakes so she swervered back to th… read more
attySince1978
attySince1978
I was involved in an accident in which the driver of the other
I was involved in an accident in which the driver of the other car failed to yield right of way merging onto a major roadway and hit the side of my vehicle. The occupant of the vehicle was cited for t… read more
Law Answers
Law Answers
Attorney,
Stop searching for answers—
I recently was involved in a automobile accident. Two lanes
I recently was involved in a automobile accident. Two lanes of traffic stopped to allow me to turn left out of a parking lot. I was moving less than 5 mph to pull into the middle to merge with traffic… read more
NewYorkLaw101
NewYorkLaw101
Attorney,
I was in a car accident making a lane change on the freeway.
I was in a car accident making a lane change on the freeway. The woman who hit me had been tailing me a mile prior on the freeway. After about :30 of riding my bumper, she passed but then got stuck be… read more
Attorney at Law,
I am considering filing a lawsuit to settle a property damage
I am considering filing a lawsuit to settle a property damage dispute that is the result of an automobile accident. The other driver has made false statements in an attempt to put the blame for the cr… read more
Whats the feasibility of receiving a settlement from a vehicle
What's the feasibility of receiving a settlement from a vehicle accident under, what I consider, gross negligence. I was hit by an individual driving that recently had a brain tumor removed and has no… read more
attySince1978
attySince1978
is the vehicle that hits your car resonsible for damages to
if a vehicle doesn't yield the right of way and turns and hits a vehicle in which that vehicle swerves to try to avoid it but ends up getting hit anyway and from swerving ends up hitting another vehic… read more
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson
Senior HR Consultant and Business Devlpm,
I was driving in the center lane on a California freeway on ...
I was driving in the center lane on a California freeway on a dry sunny day traffic in the slow lane and fast lane had more traffic I was travling about 15 mph under the speed limit at about 50 i clan… read more
4ren6
4ren6
Retired,