How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawmoe Your Own Question
Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawmoe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being called and texted messages by my ex wifes husband

Customer Question

I am being called and texted messages by my ex wifes husband whom has my child in thier posession. Its over a case in volving my son and My visitation rights, Ive recorded thier conversation just a few min ago, I need to know if I should file harrasement charges, They are trying to have me have my supervised visitation at Plaintiffs hous, I am court orderd to not. I need help
I was filed on OCt 2008 for harrasement, and child modification orders, 12k and two years later I went to court on a temp restraining order last week for not providing Dr Documents, in wich My att had sent to hers, yet Im told ths never happened by Plaintiff. I do not know her husband. He is very concerned tonight about gettting me to come over, and see the documents, I have, I refuse due to Im not sure if Im on restrain order, now. I have no attorney.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

If you have an upcoming court hearing in family court, you may be better served filing a motion in that proceeding seeking to restrict communication to communication between you and the ex spouse and regarding issues related to the children.


Filing for a harassment restraining order is an option, but generally, you must make known that you wish no further contact and, then, if additional contact is made, you may seek an order. Of course, that can make things difficult when there are issues that must be discussed regarding children and counseling issues.


Thank you for Choosing JustAnswer. Please CLICK ACCEPT BELOW so that I may be compensated for my work.

Lawmoe and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sir , I will accept your answer, I have lined up counseling, and she has not, I thought it may be an advantage for me to file with the police , since this just happened tonight. The court ordered her to send child to kids first and has not , Thurs deadline, Sorry Police came by and said I had no harrasement as percode, then got pised and gave me a card that said it would do nothing. and left..Thank You
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thank you