How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawmoe Your Own Question
Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawmoe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2 yr old son whos father remains unknow however I

This answer was rated:

I have a 2 yr old son whos father remains unknow however I was with a man since my 5th month of pregnancy and we were married 12 months later. He is not the father of my child however it is the only father my child has known. We have now been seperated for 8 months and filing for divorce. Is he responsible for child support?

Thank you for the post.


If the child was born before the marriage and your spouse has not been adjudicated the father in court or adopted the child, he would have no legal relationship to the child and, thus no obligation of child support.


Thank you for Choosing JustAnswer. Please CLICK ACCEPT BELOW so that I may be compensated for my work.

Lawmoe and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions