How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawmoe Your Own Question
Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawmoe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my family thinks our public defender is not concerned with

Resolved Question:

my family thinks our public defender is not concerned with our case and only wants to make deals. we want a new att. we do not know how to proceed. the trial date is in april. the d.a. is wanting to offer deals. we dont have much $ to work with right now but in 3 months we Will be able to afford a high $att. if we can get a new att. will it change date & if so will it be enough time for new att. to get aquainted w case and/or us to gather loot.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

You would have to hire a private attorney. You do not get to choose your public defender and most judges will consider a dismissal of any public defender as a dismissal of the public defender's office as a whole.


A new attorney may seek a continuance of the case. In most cases, it is granted. However, it is entirely up to the Judge and may depend on how long the case has been pending and whether any prior continuances were granted.


Thank you for Choosing JustAnswer. Please CLICK ACCEPT BELOW so that I may be compensated for my work.

Lawmoe and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you