How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawmoe Your Own Question
Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawmoe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What should a wife do when her husband stops financially supporting

Resolved Question:

What should a wife do when her husband stops financially supporting her while they are still married with two kids ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately, a court has no ability to award spousal support or child support unless a party files a legal action which may include: legal separation, custody or, if the parties live separately, a child support action.


In a divorce or legal separation, either party may seek a temporary hearing to have the court addressed the financial issues while the case is pending.




Lawmoe and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you