How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawmoe Your Own Question
Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2415
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawmoe is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My spouse has hired a lawer and wants a divorce. We have a

Customer Question

My spouse has hired a lawer and wants a divorce. We have a lot of animals and large place. I now have Parkinsons and can't do it all anymore. Do I have any legal course to make him take care of this place and animals while we are working on the divorce? He has moved out and left it all up to me. What can I do? I don't have any money for my own lawer.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

As part of any divorce, you may file a Motion for Temporary Relief where the court may decide temporary issues while the divorce is pending such as who lives in what residence, who rives what car, who pays what bills and whether any support is paid. A court cannot force a party to clean up or take care of animals. If that is not occurring, it can require that they pay money to have a competent person hired to do those things.


There are non-profit organizations, often called legal aid services, that will take divorce cases for those with low income or no income. I located a list of such services at the following link:


Call the legal aid service closest to you for assistance.



Lawmoe and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you