Lawmoe
Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.
3560666

My spouse has hired a lawer and wants a divorce. We have a

Customer Question

My spouse has hired a lawer and wants a divorce. We have a lot of animals and large place. I now have Parkinsons and can't do it all anymore. Do I have any legal course to make him take care of this place and animals while we are working on the divorce? He has moved out and left it all up to me. What can I do? I don't have any money for my own lawer.
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

As part of any divorce, you may file a Motion for Temporary Relief where the court may decide temporary issues while the divorce is pending such as who lives in what residence, who rives what car, who pays what bills and whether any support is paid. A court cannot force a party to clean up or take care of animals. If that is not occurring, it can require that they pay money to have a competent person hired to do those things.

There are non-profit organizations, often called legal aid services, that will take divorce cases for those with low income or no income. I located a list of such services at the following link:

http://www.usattorneylegalservices.com/free-legal-aid-california.html

Call the legal aid service closest to you for assistance.

PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT BELOW