How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a false restraining order place an me and my business,

Resolved Question:

I had a false restraining order place an me and my business, what can i do to have the restraining order removed so I can open my business back up.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

A temporary restraining order (TRO) is issued by the court based only on the allegations in the paperwork. Typically a judge will sign the TRO immediately.

There will be a hearing at a later date to determine whether the TRO should be extended.

At that hearing, you may be heard and may present your side. If you are successful, the TRO will be dismissed.

After your case is dismissed, you may want to retain counsel to bring an action against the person defamation

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
Ellen and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you