Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I HAD A TRAILER WORKED ON. I HADENT PAID THE BILL YET, BECAUSE

Customer Question

I HAD A TRAILER WORKED ON. I HADENT PAID THE BILL YET, BECAUSE THEY DID MORE WORK THAN I ASKED THEM TO. AND I HAD THEM FIX TWO OTHER TRAILERS BEFORE THEN, IN THE MEENTIME THE WHEEL CAME OFF 2000 MILES AWAY THE REPAIR SHOP TOLD ME TO PUT A CHAIN ON IT AND DRIVE IT BACK. THAT WOULD OF GOT ME IN MORE TROUBLE AND COST TO MUCH SO I HAD IT FIXED BY ROAD SIDE REPAIR.IT COST 250.00 MORE THAN MY BILL. NOW THERE TAKING ME TO COURT. WHAT CAN I DO
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

What you contracted to - was it in writing?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NO
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
In that case, what you need to do is to go to small claims court and to file a DECLARATORY JUDGMENT, which essentially tells the Judge, "here is what happened - who's right?" The Judge will listen to both sides and render a verdict in your favor if he/she believes you.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ORANGE ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”