How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102363
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on SSD, and I want to know if I have any legal recourse

Customer Question

I am on SSD, and I want to know if I have any legal recourse against the Social Security Administration for being accused of being incarcerated in 2007? Due to their inept system called FFP, which is a screening tool used to stop felon's who intend to use the funds to flee warrants or trial, there are hundreds if not thousands of reported cases of this system which have caused extreme damage to innocent lives of those who are innocent. I was left out to basically fend for myself until they did their investigation. So I was without my payment of $884 a month for five months, including my two children, who receive $245 each. During this whole time, I told them all they needed to do was look on the computer and see I had a part time job in 2007, so I could not possibly have been incarcerated, they did not care. It was my word against theirs. What makes matters worse, I was hit by a semi right before this happened in Chicago, so I was stranded by myself, no vehicle and no way to get back to West Michigan to my children. I finally got a loan through my attorney's office, to return,but at 46%, now to me that is criminal.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Did they restore the backpay of the months they missed?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just my funds, five months later, but it put me way behind. I still have not received either of my childrens. How can they do this to people? I asked the worker how this will effect me in the future, as I have not been in jail and I am worried about my identity. She acted like this was no big deal. I feel like my life is destroyed, not just for this but I have had a series of horrible events happen in about two years, similar to this. Not sure where to turn.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
It is unfair, I am sorry, but the most you would get out of them is MAYBE to pay partial of the interest. You'd actually have to sue the administration to do that, or threaten to. I am sorry to say, but there is no "punitive" method of these kinds of things. If you get an attorney to push for perhaps some or all of the interest to cover for the months that you took the sum out due to need, they might add that on, but that's all. I wish I had better news, but no such legal avenue currently exists.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ORANGE ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much, I will continue to speak out and try and find others and perhaps someday we can change the FFP within Social Security as this is illegal. So many others have been "guilty until proven innocent". Many have even died under these inhuman ways for the Federal Government to "save" money. That is all it is.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
I agree with you. It's not fair. Attorneys have persons come into the office every day who have been morally wronged, but for whom no legal avenue exists to right the wrong. Our system is not perfect, and I am sorry that I cannot offer you a path here. Our profession does not work in a perfect system.Please do not forget to press ACCEPT - it's the only way I get credit for my time with you! Thanks.
Ely and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ely replied 7 years ago.
Your feedback was absolutely unreasonable and borderline obscene. My signature line, like every other attorney's on here, includes a reminder to press ACCEPT. Quite frankly, your rudeness is not justified. Good luck.