Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In a Calif. Civil suit, for personal injury against a Doctor,

Customer Question
can we opt to solely...
In a Calif. Civil suit, for personal injury against a Doctor, can we opt to solely seek General damages without seeking any Economic damages?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Yes, you may. You don't HAVE to seek certain damages, and may only elect to seek general damages. Keep in mind you'd have to prove them. But in sum, YES, you can seek only what you want, i.e. only general, punitive, etc.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ORANGE ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

In the case of Pain & Suffering, please give an example of how one might Prove It?
By testimony of the Plaintiff and evidence of pain charts from medical records, how your life has been burdened by it, etc.

Ely, Counselor at Law
Ely, Counselor at Law