How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41555
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owed an ex girlfriend money and I have been paying her back

Resolved Question:

I owed an ex girlfriend money and I have been paying her back on a monthly basis. 2 weeks ago her brother called me and threatened to come to GA and kill me if i didn't pay her the rest of what I owed plus generous interest in 10 days. I think I have calmed the issue with 1/2 of the rest of what I owed sent to her last week with the balance in 15 days. Is there anything legal I can do when I pay her the balance plus interest to make them go away and leave me alone and agree that what I have paid is all I owe?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You need written release here of the debt.Just have her sign it in writing acknowledging payment at the time you pay here that this is in full and final settlement of the debt and have her sign it.This protects you--it need not be fancy but you are correct that this is a good idea..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a written release form available and how can I get her to sign it upon receipt of the final payment. I am in Georgia and she is in Chicago
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Sure here is pre made forms for you..
Ray and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you