How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A person come to you and says they desire to sell their home

Resolved Question:

A person come to you and says they desire to sell their home is their principal residence but they have not lived in it for some time, trough they still call it home.what code section do you turn to for guidance and what are all the parameters you can think of that deal with the issues of taxation on the sale of a principal residence? (code 121)
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

If the proceeds of the sale are used to buy another residence, none of the proceeds will be taxed





Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you;


Positive Feedback, BONUS, are nice ways to say "Thank You" for the Expert's time and effort in assisting you


If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question



Thank you for allowing me to assist you and Good Luck!



Member, NY & PA Bar


Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Andrea, Esq. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you