How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118722
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid 18 dollars and got no answer.... I need Tina G to get

Resolved Question:

I paid 18 dollars and got no answer.... I need Tina G to get back to me.... at and I will repeat the question, as of now I'm thinking it may be a scam site.... . I will wait for some confirmation... Sincerely,
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Tina may not be online right now, but I will send her a message to let her know you are looking for her.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi, I wanted to know if my x husbands retirement could be half of mine now that he is retired since May 09. At the time of seperation I had a nervous breakdown and it lasted 4 years before I felt normal again, in the mean time my x took as much from me as he could, I let him on the count of not thinking correctly. My question is since he talked me into one lawyer and I agreed to save money he said, he took my retirement and never paid alomony claiming the money was his pay off for the retirement. I didn't open the divorce papers for 10 years. It is now 12 years since the divorce. Just a chance that there may be a rule of not touching retirement for the time I put in not to mention me bringing our 4 children up...

It may be worth the 18 dollars just to cross my fingers....


Thank you for taking the time out for such a question...


Patricia Dooley

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
If the court did not issue a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) at the time of the settlement and if the settlement of the marital property states that his pension was not split in the marital settlement is going to likely be fatal to you unless you can prove that you were mentally incompetent at the time of the settlement. You are going to need to get your papers to a new attorney to review them to determine if a QDRO was issued or what was specified in the marital property agreement about the pension rights.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you