How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31782
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

unwed mom lives in wisconsin with dads name on certificate,

Customer Question

unwed mom lives in wisconsin with dads name on certificate, no paternity test, no court order for custody, what type of custody do i have?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
The first thing that needs to be done is a paternity test. Once that is established, the court will establish custody and visitation.

If paternity is not in question, you have the same rights as the other parent. However, the best course is to have a court order put in place.