Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Im involved with the LULAC class action. It was denied because

Customer Question
I'm involved with the LULAC...
I'm involved with the LULAC class action. It was denied because my lawyer didn't submit documents on time. I"ve tried an appeal without success. What can do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
3/1/2010
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 years ago
If your lawyer missed the deadline, then your lawyer may be liable to you in malpractice. This means you will have to sit with a legal malpractice attorney in your area to show them the evidence in you case that qualified you for the class and show that you had a likelihood of success to win your claim and that the attorney missed of the deadline because of his negligence. If you prove that, then the lawyer (or his malpractice insurance carrier) would be liable to you for your loss.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

I didn't ask te question to file a malpractice claim against my lawyer or such. I want to know in regards XXXXX XXXXX case with the LALAC class action what course of action can take to change my status
I know you didn't ask about the malpractice issue, but that is where you are at this point, since when you miss a deadline for filing, the courts are not forgiving of thos deadlines which is evident in the fact that the appeal was also denied.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney