How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD Your Own Question
JD, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1335
Experience:  Over 11 years in practice as a litigator ... civil and criminal
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

because of my daughters health i would like to get her probation

Customer Question

because of my daughters health i would like to get her probation transferd to centrel fl.she is a felon. her heath is critical. how do i do this and what are her chances
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.

You say she is on probation and that she is a felon... but is she currently on felony probation? How much longer does she have on probation? In what state is she currently being supervised?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

gewnett county , ga. i believe 4 more years


Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.

She would be technically eligible for transfer under the Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision. She will need to apply through her probation officer (or a supervisor if they are not helpful). I see no reason why Florida would not accept her, however you should remember that the receiving state has the right to decline the application. The sentencing court can also stop the transfer at the Georgia probation officer's request.


The best thing to do here is have her attorney contact the probation officer and speak plainly about her medical condition and need to be with her family. This really shouldn't be a big deal if there are no hidden agendas. These transfers happen all the time for less compelling reasons.


Here is a link to Florida's ICAOS information. I think you will find it helpful.


Georgia's website has less information but does include that a $25 application fee is assessed for transfers.



Please reply if I can help further.



Remember to click ACCEPT only when you are satisfied with your answers. This is how we get paid for our time with your questions. I would also appreciate any positive feedback you could provide. If you are not satisfied then please reply to me so I can further assist you or find someone else to help. I am not your attorney. Therefore no attorney-client relationship exists and any communications on this website are not subject to the attorney-client privilege. For this reason, please do not divulge any personal information and use this site only for hypothetical questions. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.

JD and 12 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thank you JD


Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.
Good luck!