How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD Your Own Question
JD, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1335
Experience:  Over 11 years in practice as a litigator ... civil and criminal
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my wife and i were divorced in november of last year.when i

Resolved Question:

my wife and i were divorced in november of last year.when i met her she was(and is) living in a doublewide that was financed throught the trailer company at 26%.we went to a banker friend of hers and got it refinanced(due to my credit) at 8.5%fixed. we were marrried for 8 years and the divorce was her idea but the resolution was amicable.She would pay her bills and mine,mine.However, my name remained on the mortgage and i even signed a quit claim, but she refuses to go to the bank to get the mortgage refinced, or her banker friend and her are conspiring together to keep mefrom getting out of the mortgage,in name.What can i do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  JD replied 7 years ago.

Did the marriage dissolution agreement have a provision that required her to refinance the home? If so, then you need to petition her back to court under the agreement to enforce its provisions. If not, then you will need to petition her to court to require her to refinance or sell the home in accordance with the final decree of divorce. Read your paperwork carefully and follow it... but essentially you will have to get her back before the divorce judge and get an order requiring her to refinance or sell the home within a certain time period.


Consulting a local attorney in this situation would be a very good idea.


Please reply if I can help further.



Remember to click ACCEPT only when you are satisfied with your answers. This is how we get paid for our time with your questions. I would also appreciate any positive feedback you could provide. If you are not satisfied then please reply to me so I can further assist you or find someone else to help. I am not your attorney. Therefore no attorney-client relationship exists and any communications on this website are not subject to the attorney-client privilege. For this reason, please do not divulge any personal information and use this site only for hypothetical questions. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.

JD and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you