How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31685
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our granddaughter who is 4 has been placed in whats called

Resolved Question:

Our granddaughter who is 4 has been placed in what's called a concurrent home by CPS. This means she could be adpoted by this family if my daughter is still deemed unfit within the next 8 months. While my daughter was in drug and alcohol treatment, a woman in there recognied the foster father as someone she said had committed a sexual crime but had never been officially charged for. Also, the SW began limiting our grandparent visits a lot after she was placed here. She was in an emergency placement before this. I wrote the SW's supervisor a letter about all of this, the allegation and the limiting of visits, and they have now cancelledt two meetings with us about it. My ex the grandpa wants our GD placed into his home now. He was approved earlier in this process but became afraid of the responsibility now has changed his mind. Is this still possible? Also, their stalling causes me to want to file a grievance instead of meeting. What do you think? I want to write a letter to the judge.?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

Yes, it is still possible for the grandfather to gain custody of the child - especially if he has previously been approved.


You can file a complaint against the social worker with the employer. There is no need to write a letter to the judge because he/she will not read it.

Roger and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you