Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

x husband signed a separation agreement 4 years ago, then filed

Customer Question

x husband signed a separation agreement 4 years ago, then filed the document to obtain our divorce. He agreed to 1000/mo alimony for 5 years and 900 a month child support until my daughter turns 18. I have never seen a penny of the 1000 a month and he pays afterschool only and health insurance for my daughter. Our child custody is 4 days a week with me and 3 with him. We usually just work it out between us since his job has erratic travel. I would like full custody and the ability to move in order to obtain a job. I never see the remainder of the child support. I have tried asking him for the money and he refuses. I am not in the financial situation to hire a lawyer as I am unemployed. What should I do?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

You need to speak to child services in your area and ask them to assist you with fling a motion for contempt against the father.

You can also ask the judge to hold him in contempt for failure to pay the alimony as ordered.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will this help with all backed payment? Will it include alimony? Also, what about wanting full custody?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

Yes, this will help with any child support arrearage.

Child services is not going to help you with alimony, but they may help you locate a form.

Child services can help you with a custody petition as well.