How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the 80s i was granted a raise.The chairman suggested I

Resolved Question:

In the '80s i was granted a raise.The chairman suggested I put it into an annuity which I did with a (insurance)member of the Board. I now need the money and they have consistently refused to sign the form that indicates that I was employed there.What can I do??
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
The botXXXXX XXXXXne is that this is your money and you have a right to recover it upon demand. If the company will not release the funds to you, you do need to find a local finance lawyer ( and have him/her write a demand letter to the employer. If that doesn't work, the attorney can file suit to compel production of the funds. Generally, attorneys fees can be sought and awarded if a person is forced to do this in order to recover what already belongs to him/her.
Roger and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you