Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

what rights do renters have towards restition for property

Customer Question
damage occured on the the...
what rights do renters have towards restition for property damage occured on the the property they rent with or without receipts
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
2/5/2010
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Roger, Attorney
If there is no renter's insurance to cover the property damage, the tenant has a right to sue whomever was the cause of the damage.
even if there is no damage to the renters property just to the owners property (example:grass in the yard
If the tenant doesn't own the damaged property, the tenant can't sue to recover anything from anyone. All the tenant can do is ask the owner to make the repairs.
Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney