Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

person forged my name to title, obtained a title loan, she

Customer Question
is in jail no probation/bail...
person forged my name to title, obtained a title loan, she is in jail no probation/bail at time. Title Bucks has lien on car but i want my car!
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
2/3/2010
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Roger, Attorney

The lien is void because it was procured by fraud. The title company can sue the person that forged your name for the money, but the car is yours.

My suggestion is to have a local attorney write a letter to the lender demanding that the vehicle be released, and if it refuses, you will have grounds to sue for the return of the car and also for damages associated with its improper holding of the vehicle.

Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney