How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31680
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having some work related challenges. I am not sure what

This answer was rated:

I am having some work related challenges. I am not sure what the terminology is for what is happening, but I have been experiencing verbal assault but the people have been careful enough to make sure there are no witnesses so it is their word against mine. What makes it hard is I have a job where I am alone on my team and the people hurting me have a team of over 40. I have tried to bring this to the attention of my supervisor and even the human resources but I feel overpowered and unable to really make a case against what is happening. Other people in the organization have expressed similar challenges with this department but they are unwilling to come forward. I have documented the incidents over a period of time but these are not really being looked at. What shall I do?

You should file a complaint with the Minnesota Dept. of Labor and Industry ( The dept. will investigate the matter and likely hold a formal hearing.


Also, you cannot be fired or reprimanded for being a whistle blower. If you were retaliated against for your actions, you would have legal grounds to sue.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
In the complaint, what details should I include and how should I format the complaint?

The Dept. of Labor and Industry should have forms for you to fill out. You should provide as much detail and supporting evidence as you can come up with.


Also, the staff investigators and attorneys will help you with your complaint.

Roger and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you