How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42169
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am in the states on fi student visa. i recently got married

Customer Question

i am in the states on fi student visa. i recently got married to a usa citizen and i intend adusting my status. however i have been working witnout DHS authorization. in filing forn 485 i was required to fill in my present employer and the date of employment. i am contemleting of not filling that part since i am afraid immigation might refuse my change of status. what do you advise that i do
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question.That is a judgment call.If they find you lie here they can deny you.You are out of authorization here.I would recommend filing the Form 485 here with whatever information you feel appropriate to provide or not provide.You need to file here and seek such adjustment.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks for quick reply and valuable advise. i intend resigning from work before filling 485 .do you think that would help since i do not want to mess up.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Good idea here and then apply.I think you have the right thoughts to do this in that order.